As a church we honour the Safeguarding pledge:
• We commit to each share responsibility for creating an environment that is safe for all
• We commit to pray for our safeguarding lead(s) and those working with children and adults
• We commit to respect the boundaries that are in place to protect others
• We commit to support those in our church who have been hurt or abused
• We commit to provide on-going safeguarding training for all our workers
• We commit to allow sufficient time and resources to make our recruitment of workers safer
• We commit to maintaining an open culture where people are encouraged to share concerns
• We commit to not take offence when challenged about our presence or behaviour
This attachment is part of St. Mary’s Church Newick Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies
St Mary's Newick's Church's Safeguarding Officer
Mrs. Caroline Smith
Telephone number: 07814 077053
Email address: email@example.com
Diocese of Chichester Safeguarding
The Diocesan Safeguarding website:https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org
If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click here:
INFORMATION FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS WHO HAVE CONCERNS
If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you to the Childline website: https://www.childline.org.uk, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111.
If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, scroll down to find links to various support organisation for you to contact.
If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click on this link.
Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well, once you have contacted the statutory authorities.